Students require a 20 level math course to graduate from high school.
- Math 10 Combined (10C) is for all math students who are planning to take a 20-1 or 20-2 math.
- The new 20-2 and 30-2 courses are more algebraically rigorous than the prior Applied Math courses, thus allowing more transferability between streams.
- The new 10-3, 20-3, and 30-3 courses were developed in conjunction with trade and apprenticeship programs to ensure the concepts are directly applicable to trades and the work force.
- Universities, colleges, and technical institutions have indicated the new Math 30-2 sequence will be widely accepted for a variety of programs.
- For more information about which math is required for a given post-secondary, visit Alberta Learning Information Services.
- Math 31 is offered in semester two only. Math 31 extends mathematical learning to calculus, a required subject for study in some post-secondary institutions. It is strongly recommended that students complete Math 30-1 before taking Math 31, but students may be enrolled in both at the same time.
For more information on the changes to the math curriculum, please see the Government of Alberta Education website.