Every student should know the guidelines for the Alberta High School Diploma. It is the students’ responsibility to ensure that they have completed all the requirements to earn their High School Diplomas and be eligible to graduate at MCHS.
To attain an Alberta High School Diploma, a student must earn a minimum of 100 credits by completing:
- 15 credits English (must complete 30-1 or 30-2)
- 15 credits Social Studies (must complete 30-1 or 30-2)
- 10 credits Mathematics (must complete 20 level)
- 10 credits Science (must complete 20 level)
- 3 credits Physical Education 10
- 3 credits CALM (Career & Life Management)
- 10 credits Options (Career & Technology Studies or Fine Arts Second Languages or Physical Education 20 / 30)
- 10 credits Any 30-Level Courses (other than English or Social)
- Additional credits to reach a total of 100
If you're unsure about meeting the Grad requirements, please book an appointment with a counsellor in Student Services.
For more information contact:
Memorial Composite High School
To qualify for the graduation list, students must have a minimum grade of 50% in the courses needed for graduation.
Students enrolled in MCHS Outreach must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 75% of total course modules completed in a 5 credit course by May 25 (50% or better)
- A minimum of two modules in a 3 credit course by May 25 and passing (50% or better)
For more information, or if you have questions about graduation eligibility, contact: