Code of Conduct
Guidelines for student behavior provide students, parents, and staff with a clear understanding of behavior expectations at MCHS. They are also designed to:
- Assist students in their pursuit of a quality education
- Create a safe and pleasant school environment
- Provide for a process of dealing with inappropriate behavior
- Foster self-control and responsible behavior
These guidelines have been outlined in our Student Handbook. Students shall be responsible for their actions, and our school and its teachers, in consultation with the parents and community, have a responsibility to ensure both an understanding of, and a compliance with, a set of reasonable rules. Please familiarize yourself with these rules and follow them at all times while at school.
Division Expectations For Conduct
In Parkland School Division, all members of our school community are expected to promote and demonstrate respect, civility and responsible citizenship.
With these goals in mind, everyone must:
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Respect differences in people, their ideas and their opinions.
- Acknowledge the right of everyone to be treated with dignity, at all times.
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need.
- Use non-violent means to resolve conflict.
- Honour the role(s) of persons in positions of authority.
- Show care and regard for school property and the property of others.
- Comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
We are all models for the kinds of citizens we desire to be. We teach and learn by example.