Welcome Back Activities & Office Opening (UPDATED)
Monday, August 24 from 8am-4pm. See our regular office hours.
Bus Pass Pickup
If you registered for busing via PowerSchool, your bus pass will be delivered via Canada Post to your primary mailing address in August. Families must make payment arrangements for any applicable transportation fees before they will receive a bus pass.
Welcome Back Activities
Please note: All welcome back activities are tentatively planned and will only take place if provincial health measures permit. Please watch our website and/or your email inbox for any updates.
Monday, August 31
- Grade 10 students attend all day.
- All students must be photographed for ID cards. Photo packages will be available for purchase online.
- Grade 10 students will need to bring a lunch, as the cafeteria will not be open.
- It is very important that Grade 10 students attend on this date in order to maintain their classroom schedule.
- No Grade 11 or 12 students on campus this day.
Tuesday, September 1
- 8:30am: Grade 12 students attend in the morning only. Please attend at the following times according to the first letter of your last name:
- A-C: 8:30-9am
- D-H: 9-9:30am
- I-M: 9:30-10am
- N-R: 10:30-11am
- S-Z: 11-11:30am
- 12:30pm: Grade 11 students attend in the afternoon only. Please attend at the following times according to the first letter of your last name:
- A-C: 12:30-1pm
- D-H: 1-1:30pm
- I-M: 1:30-2pm
- N-R: 2-2:30pm
- S-Z: 2:30-3pm
- Registration only - no classes.
- All students must be photographed for ID cards.
Wednesday, September 2
- First full day of classes for all students. Please refer to our regular Bell Schedule for all class and break times.
Please note: For 2020-2021, high schools in Parkland School Division will follow the quarter system instead of the traditional semester system. This will aid us in maintaining the Alberta Health Services-recommended cohorts for our students while practicing enhanced cleaning protocols. By dividing the school day into two class blocks instead of four, the quarter system will limit the number of people with whom students and staff interact as well as the number of spaces with which they need to visit over the course of the day.
Tuesday, September 15
- Green & Gold Society Annual General Meeting - 6:30pm in the Large Gym
Friday, September 24
- Grade 12 Parent Meeting - 7pm in the Common Area
Monday, September 21
- School Council Meeting - 7pm in the Conference Room
Wednesday, September 30
- Orange Shirt Day
School Re-entry Handbook for Parents
Every school in Parkland School Division has put together a guide for parents and guardians regarding the new safety protocols and procedures that will be in place for the fall. Please read and familiarize yourself with our School Re-entry Handbook.
School Re-Entry Quick List
When preparing to attend the first day of school, please remember the following:
- Provide a water bottle.
- Send appropriate personal use items:
- Face mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Mask storage container
- Create a family process for daily self-screening. A copy of the self-screening form does not need to be submitted.
- Alert the office if your child has a pre-existing medical condition which might display symptoms similar to COVID-19. There is a procedure to follow.
- Use PowerSchool to ensure you have at least two emergency contacts listed who are not parents/guardians of your child.
- If possible, provide your child with a backpack to use in lieu of a locker. Lockers will be available to those who request them.
- Pre-plan to assist students in coming to school prepared. The office will not be accepting items (including lunches) to deliver to students.
- If you are dropping off your child in the morning, do not arrive prior to 8:25am.
- Ensure your child has a place to go after school, as students are expected to leave immediately after dismissal unless participating in an activity with a staff member.
- If possible, have your child bring their own lunch if they intend to remain in the school during the lunch break.
For more information contact:
Memorial Composite High School